Monday, September 8, 2014

My Time At Pratham

      By Shikhir Goel, Volunteer, PMG Team

My name is Shikhir, and I started working at Pratham in July 2013. Now, precisely 1 year down the line I am leaving the organization to pursue my MBA. Looking back, it has been one of the most interesting periods of my life. The friendships I have forged and things I learned in this short space of time have made the experience unlike any other in my previous career. 

Before joining Pratham I had worked in finance for 8 years. I was looking for a new challenge, and the prospect of working at Pratham was exciting because it was an opportunity to apply my skills toward helping people in a way that would have a clear and noticeable impact. I came for my interview prepared with ideas to improve coverage of the Urban Program because I had noticed in my research that it was significantly smaller than their Rural Program. Of course it did not take long for me to realize that I had taken on a far greater challenge than originally anticipated! As the months progressed, I began to grasp the complexity of the task I had taken on as I was regularly hit with data issues, lack of uniformity in program structures across states, and a general lack of knowledge about the Urban Program as a whole. 

As a result however I learned a great deal about perseverance, patience, managing relationships, and generating meaningful analysis from a limited amount of data. The thing I will remember and miss the most from my time here is the people trying to take this wonderful organization forward. Everyday they seek to overcome new challenges, spending days on end conducting trainings in remote villages, all with an infectious enthusiasm that is truly inspiring. It is this innate drive that everybody I have worked with at Pratham possesses that kept me motivated and interested throughout my time here. This is truly a unique group of people throughout the organization, and I wish them all the very best for the future.

13 comments:

  1. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise as you can.

      entrance exam 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many online writing firms that can suggest quality writing services to customers with a variety of desires in academic writing service in scholarship essay writing help to the clazwork.
    http://www.clazwork.com/scholarship-canada-essay-writing-expert-wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog Post.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I love to read stuff like this.
    Keep it up.



    education and career counselors

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are hoping for some great changes to our great nation India.

    Qualiterate Movement

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wonderful blog post. The content is really nice to read

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a long time I saw an article like this.
    We can assist to you to get admission in your dream university / college for your education & career. Call now at +91.8188800045 or write to us at education@gits.in or visit at www.gits.in to know HOW easy it is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top Executive MBA programs are very desirable for busy executives and business professionals who are pursuing the heights of their professional careers and have coveted to augment their managing expertise by earning an MBA degree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

INSTA FEED

Pratham Education Foundation

Pratham India is the official blog of non-for-profit organization Pratham Education Foundation showcasing exciting stories throughout India.

Follow

 Follow us on Twitter!   Follow us on facebook!   Follow us on instagram!   Follow us on Youtube!